posted 5 years ago
Could Uncle Mo be scratched from the 2011 Kentucky Derby
Saturday? - Uncle Mo's status for this 2011 Kentucky Derby are going to be released by Friday morning, once the colt's owner, trainer and veterinarian study his bloodwork and judge whether or not he'll enter to run in the big race on Saturday.
The colt, was a 2-year-old champion last season, is being treated for a gastrointestinal infection, that was blamed after he suffered his first loss of his career in the Wood Memorial. 2011 Kentucky Derby Odds
"If they are still undecided at this date, than the horse is probably not 100 %. Uncle Mo is a real nice colt, and there are plenty of major stakes races ahead. Get him fully healed, and look forward to a productive, and healthy horse."
Trainer Pletcher, however, said Uncle Mo even if Uncle Mo isn't 100% for the race and still thinks he can win even with the our Side Post Position #18.
"But we're committed to bringing him over there at 100 percent, anything less than that, we won't accept," he said Wednesday.
1. Archarcharch, J. Court, 10-1
2. Brilliant Speed, J. Rosario, 30-1
3. Twice the Appeal, C. Borel, 20-1
4. Stay Thirsty, R. Dominguez, 20-1
5. Decisive Moment, K. Clark, 30-1
6. Comma To The Top, P. Valenzuela, 30-1
7. Pants On Fire, R. Napravnik, 20-1
8. Dialed In, J. Leparoux, 4-1
9. Derby Kitten, J. Castellano, 30-1
10. Twinspired, M. Smith, 30-1
11. Master of Hounds, G. Gomez, 30-1
12. Santiva, S. Bridgmohan, 30-1
13. Mucho Macho Man, R. Maragh, 12-1
14. Shackleford, J. Castanon, 12-1
15. Midnight Interlude, V. Espinoza, 10-1
16. Animal Kingdom, R. Albarado, 30-1
17. Soldat, A. Garcia, 12-1
18. Uncle Mo, J. Velazquez, 9-2
19. Nehro, C. Nakatani, 6-1
20. Watch Me Go, R. Bejarano, 50-1